This post brought to you by Kroger® Private Selection®. All opinions are 100% mine.
What kitchen staples are important to have on hand? When I think of kitchen staples, there are a few products that come to mind. There is nothing worse than not having what you need to make an awesome, homemade meal. Here are a few of my must have kitchen staples:
- Meat – If you’re someone who eats meat, I’m sure you would agree – it’s hard to make a meal without meal on hand. That is unless you’re a vegetarian.
- Produce – I have to have veggies. I have been putting a lot of focus on my family’s health, and getting our daily dose of fruits and veggies is important. If I already have meat, veggies will make an awesome side, or edition to a casserole, crockpot recipe, or anything else I decide to come up with. My kids are only allowed to grab a piece of fruit for their afterschool snack too, so I always try to keep apple, oranges or some type of fruit available for them to grab. Plus you can make some pretty yummy things with apples, berries, and just about any other fruit.
- Dairy – I love to bake, and my kids love mac n cheese. Oh, or broccoli and cheese is another family favorite. Cheese seems to just make things taste better, lol. My husband wouldn’t last long without a glass of milk either. He drinks of every single night with dinner, if we don’t have it one of us runs to the store to get it. Eggs are another thing we use a lot of, whether we make us an scrambled eggs for breakfast, or bake a cake. Dairy is important for me and my family.
- Coffee – I’m sure most of you would agree with the whole coffee must have, lol. I’m sure I don’t really need to explain why coffee is important at my house.
- Snacks - I have four children, and a husband who words a whole lot, and when it’s working he does a lot of driving in extremely rural areas. My kids need snack throughout the day, and my husband like to take specialty crackers, or nuts with him in case he gets the munchies.
- Tomato Sauce – There are several things I make using tomato sauce. Pair it with some noodles, or use it for an awesome stew, or soup.
- Peanut Butter – Yes, I love to bake and having peanut butter is important, but it can also be used as a great snack with celery or apples. My kids love it, and it’s so much better for them than candy. Plus, my kids love their PB & J
- Beans – Another must have for my kitchen is beans. Make some awesome burritos, chili, stew, soup, or serve them as a side dish.
- Coco Mix – YUP, it’s winter and there is nothing I love more than spending time with my family, building a fire, and watching a movie when it’s cold outside.
Are you famliar with Kroger® Private Selection® products? They make a home cooked meal goumet quality, without the YUKY price. They have something for everyone!
Kroger® Private Selection® products make a home cooked meal gourmet quality, without the horrible price. They decadent quality items covers a nice variety of categories so there is something for everyone, like Angus meal, cheeses, deli meats, ice cream, ingredients, bakery items, and plenty more. Private Selection® gourmet products are a great way to add flavor to any recipe!
Private Selection® brand is a premium private label brand carried exclusively at Kroger® Family of Stores and affiliate with the following stores:
- City Market
- Pay Less
- King Soopers
- Fred Meyer
Culinary Creations Sweepstakes
You might have already heard about the Culinary Creations Sweepstakes? One very lucky person will have a premium culinary experience with a new Viking range, WUSTHOG 26 piece knife set, 10 piece Culinary Arts cookware set, and a $1,000 Kroger® Family Stores Gift Card! Pretty awesome prize! Learn more by visiting the Sweepstakes Rules.
What an awesome way to treat you and your guest to the rich flavors of Private Selection® products. You will not only see how amazing they taste, but how affordable they are!
Don’t miss out on this fabulous sweepstakes, or on your chance to give Private Selection® products a try. If you’re someone who enjoys quality meats, cheeses, bakery items, desserts, or baking and cooking products be sure to give them a try. I’m sure you will taste the quality! Private Selection® ingredients provide everything home chefs require to sever a flavorful, memorable meals to friends and family.
If you’re entering the sweepstakes, you can always find out all the details by reading the Sweepstakes Rules.
Disclaimer: Official Rules NO PURCHASE NECESSARY VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Must be at least 18 years old, and a legal resident of the 50 United States and DC). Subject to Full Official Rules, games ends on 11/14/2013, and you can read the full Sweepstakes Rules