So I’m sure most of you noticed my daughter and I made some Spooky String Cheese the other day! We also decided to make this little guy, I’m not really sure what he is, but he’s pretty darn cute don’t you think? I asked my toddler what she wanted to have four a snack the other day, and she asked for an apple. She also asked me if we could make an apple like we did the string cheese, and this is what we came up with. Everyone meet our little guy Appy The Halloween Apple! I told you we have fun, oh we even decided that Appy needed some fingers too. I’m sure you can see in the above picture.
So I have to be honest Appy the Halloween Apple turned out nothing like I thought he would. We originally were going for some type of Halloween thing, which I guess it still kind of is. Regardless it’s fun, and he is super cute, and it’s a fun healthy snack for the kids that they love. I do suggest if you do not plan on eating yoru apple right away you put a little orange or lemon juice on him. This will keep in nice looking, so he doesn’t turn all brown.
Two Apple Halloween Snack Ideas The Kids Will Love
What you need to make your very own Appy The Halloween Apple:
- Black Gel Writing
- Almonds, Sunflower Seeds (optional, if you don’t have them not a big deal)
How to make your very own Appy The Halloween Apple
- Cut your apple in half, and removed the core.
- Cut out the mouth, it’s easy be sure not to cut too far or you will need to glue the apple back together using peanut. FYI, peanut better does great if you need help glueing something in place, it taste great, and you can wipe it away so it’s not seen.
- Typically for the teeth I will use almonds, but we were all out of almonds. So I used the other half of my apple to cut little teeth out. If you decided to cute out teeth like we did, be sure to cut them into small triangle shapped peices, and leave the skin on the back side. This will keep it strong, so it does not smash when you try to put your tooth into place.
- Now use your knife, and where you plan on putting your first tooth make a little slit so you can slide the pointed edge of your triangle-shaped tooth in. Continue to do so until you have all your teeth in place.
- For the eyes I used String Cheese. When you cut your cheese cut them in a round shape with one pointed side. You will need the pointed side to get your eyes to stay in the apple. If for some reason you don’t have cheese, you could make the eyes out of the apple as well.
- Next on the top of your apple cut two V’s out just big enough to fit the pointed edge of your string cheese in. Remember you want it to be a tight fit so the eyes stay on the top of your apple.
- Use your black writing gel and make the eyes.
- Remember have fun, get your kid involved, be creative, it’s going to turn out great!
We cannot forget about our little guys fingers. Those are pretty easy to make, and I’m sure you can tell by the above image all we did was skin pieces of apple and leave a little peice of skin where the fingernails would go.
Madisyn loves to make our cute little apple monster. I am still not sure what it is about making food look funny, cute, or fit a theme, but it sure does make them taste better.
What awesome Halloween snack ideas for kids do you have? I would love to hear them, or if you have one that you would like share leave it in the comments below, or you can contact me using the contact page and I would love to talk about featuring your fun snack idea.