Are you looking for a “killer” theme for your son or daughter’s upcoming birthday party? Try a dinosaur party and wow them all!
There is hardly anything more fascinating, especially to young boys, than dinosaurs. We are all intrigued by their power, their tenacity, and strength. It is also educational, because it inspires youngsters to want to learn more about about different species of dinosaurs, or the origins of dinosaurs. Just set up a dinosaur party and see what happens. Kids will be asking, “Hey, what kind is that?” And they’ll argue about the fact that it is either a T-Rex or a Spinosaurus! And for the young Spielbergs in your family, they’ll bring out the movie camera to make their own movie using the props!. It’s bound to be loads of fun either way.
Here are some tips for making your dinosaur party a success:
1) Consider buying backgrounds to make it more authentic. Even though the dinosaur stickers and decorations are great, getting a banner to place in the background adds a great touch. Or see if you can find some props from your local high school drama department with big rocks or mountains in the distance to put the dinosaurs in their natural environment!
2) Have a variety of species. If you have more than one kind of dinosaur, you can create the scene more realistically. In ancient times, there were several kinds of our vociferous friends, so do it up right with a variety of types.
3) Use party favors featuring dinosaurs. Kids love things like plates, accents, stickers, and small plastic dinosaurs as party favors of the event. So make sure and include these.
4) Use table accents that look real. Consider getting a dinosaur or crocodile skull to sit in the middle of the table, then serve Cajun food if you want to really play it up! People will be talking about the party for days to come!
5) Get dinosaur games. Have a game that is themed around dinosaurs too to get the discussions going. This will make it fun for everyone and also add to kids’ natural curiosity about dinosaurs. Find games that involve memory of different types, or dinosaurs from different eras, for example. Offer prizes, such as fake dinosaur eggs to the winner! Better yet, redo a scene from Jurassic Park III where the scientists are chased down by the mother dinosaur because they have her eggs. Have someone find the eggs and have other kids dress up like the irritated mother dinosaur. What fun that could be!
These are some tips to create your own dinosaur themed party, or Jurassic Park IV, whichever you have the mind for. Dinosaurs are fascinating creatures, even though they no longer exist. And a party in this theme is sure to please.
For added fun, show a dinosaur movie on a big inflatable screen while the party is going on!
So don’t forget the stickers and all the little stuff people can take home with them when you plan. And be sure to film the party for future viewing. You never know, Spielberg might use it as a cut-in on his next film!
Timothy Olsen is a professional blogger that provides information on dinosaur collectibles, dinosaur crafts and dinosaur history. He writes for Dinosaur Corporation, where you can find the best Dinosaur party supplies.