National Candy Corn Day falls on October 30th every year! Pretty awesome, right! You have permission to eat all the Candy Corn you want today. Now, good thing you can take it with you to work, because it’s not an awesome holiday that allows you to stay home. I don’t know about you, but I feel like Candy Corn is a pretty darn good reason to stay home, lol…Candy Corn and Halloween just kind of go together. You know like peanut butter and jelly, but it’s not, it’s Candy Corn. Which is much cooler than peanut butter and jelly in my opinion… I know, sorry there’s a lot of peanut butter and jelly lovers out there, I’m just not one of them… I’m sure there’s a National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day, so you can get me back then, lol….
Want to know a little about this corny holiday? It’s pretty cute, so let’s go with it..
Okay, so did you know that Candy Corn has been around for over 100 years? What, that’s just craziness! It’s really been around that long though. I read it online, and yes I believe everything I read online, lol….
Really, Candy Corn has been with us, well before us, whatever! It’s always looked just the same over 100 years it’s never changed. Yellow, White, and Orange….
Candy Corn was made by a man named George Renninger with the Wunderie Candy Company, and he made Candy Corn in the 1880s. See told you, more than 100 years! CANDY CORN ROCKS!
The wonderful candy was made to mimic a kernel of corn and instantly became a popular candy, because it looked awesome and tasted so yummy. Candy Corn was one of the first candies to have three different colors.
It was great that, rather than sending costly chocolates to pretty girls, the guys were sending Candy Corn and landing the girls like crazy, sometimes they would end up with a date a night… All because the ladies loved the Candy Corn, lol… No that’s not true so don’t believe that, lol… it sounds pretty good though, I didn’t even know they had candy back then, ha-ha. Who knows, maybe they did… I wasn’t there, and I personally would rather get Candy Corn than chocolates…
Either way, Candy Corn is so awesome it gets October 30th every year! The day before Halloween, pretty sure Snickers doesn’t have a day right before a holiday.. ROCK ON CANDY CORN! Keep up the awesome work, keep making Halloween awesome, and peanuts yummy!
So what makes Candy Corn so awesome? I’ve come up with a few things that I think makes Candy Corn awesome! I hope you like them, have fun!
Let’s think of why Candy Corn should have it’s very own special day….
- It’s more than 100 years old, and hasn’t aged a bit!
- Looks super cute as a baby costume.
- Kept dentists in business for more than 100 years! Job security for all the dentists out there.
- You can place two candies in your mouth as fangs, and look like a total goober! Oh, I mean awesome! You’ll look fabulous… Sorry babe.
- Candy Corn looks great with an eye patch. I don’t know many people or candies that could pull that off, do you?
- Looks great as acrylic nails… If you want to think about Candy Corn all day…
- Turns an average cupcake into a Halloween work of art!
- You can put it on a cake too!
- Candy Corn matches, the colors look well together… I don’t know who is designing candies these days, but they are not thinking very fashionably.
- Oreo’s makes a Candy Corn Oreo Cookie… I know, that’s what I said…
- Disney has made Candy Corn Acres for Halloween….
- Candy Corn grows all over the place this time of year at Disney’s Candy Corn Acres, lol,,
- M&M’s make Candy Corn White Chocolate M&M’s
- Candy Corn colored socks are the coolest socks ever!
- Candy Corn is awesome, don’t need to say much more…
Oh yea, word of advice for all you Candy Corn lovers out there… Crab some peanuts and mix them with your Candy Corn, maybe even some M&M’s.. It’s fabulous, my sister-n-law is hooked on them… Than you’ll be making Candy Corn healthy, by getting your dose of protein…. Candy Corn can do anything!
Do you have anything Candy Corny you want to share? I would love to hear anything fun, maybe an awesome mix of Candy Corn and something… Anything I am looking forward to reading your comments… So don’t leave me hanging, not on National Candy Corn Day!
Happy National Candy Corn Day!