We made some tonight and I thought this would be an awesome recipe to share with all my wonderful readers. Make sure when you make them you have time on your hands total time it took my daughter and I was 2 hours.
No Bake Granola Bars
What you need
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 3 cups of granola cereal
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 package of chocolate chips
How to make these awesome No Bake Granola Bars
- Use a large baking pan, cover with wax paper (this makes it so much easier to get the bars off the pan)
- Give the wax paper a light cover of cooking spray
- In a large sauce pan mix corn syrup and brown sugar and cook until sugar is completely melted and allow to simmer for about 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and add powder milk, granola cereal, vanilla extract mix well. Now add chocolate chips and mix
- Transfer from sauce pan to large baking pan and firmly press down
- Allow to sit for about 1 hour, cut into bars and enjoy!
Keep in mind when making your bars if you want them thicker or thinner use a smaller or larger baking pan and firmly pack them down. Use non-fat milk and take out the chocolate chips to make them an even more healthy treat, they still taste great.