The magic word for any pet owner is “Food”. To keep our pets healthy, happy and content, we need to look for a food that is nutritious for them, and a taste that they love. Cats, especially, are notorious for not eating if they don’t like their food. That’s where Hill’s® Ideal BalanceTMcomes into play.
We learned in the first article Hill’s® Ideal BalanceTM – Behind the Scenes about how the idea for this new product came to fruition. We discussed the research that was conducted regarding the specific ingredients that the pet parents wanted in a pet food and how the Hill’s® Ideal BalanceTM product was developed, as well as the marketing strategies for this new product. We now turn our attention to the Gourmet Meal, for either your cat or dog.
Hill’s® Ideal BalanceTM – Gourmet Meal
As many of you know, my husband and I have two cats and one dog. My cats are older and set in their way, while my dog is a big boy now of almost 3 years old. I know that all of my pets need daily exercise, in addition to a balanced diet to keep healthy. Consequently, my husband will usually take Big Red for a walk; but it’s a bit difficult to give the cats exercise. My husband and I both play with each of the cats daily, but the bulk of their exercise comes from running away from the dog, who loves to antagonize them. Hey, he just wants to play. Although my pets have learned to tolerate each other, they are far from being what I call friends. I attribute that to the fact that both of my cats were past 10 years of age when the strange little reddish-brown thing came into the household. Yes, my cats were set in their way, and all of a sudden their routine was disrupted.
Being set in their way is not a good thing all the time. This is most certainly true when it comes to the food that I provide for my cats. Deuce is the finicky eater. He has a very sensitive stomach whereas Trouble, on the other hand, will eat just about anything you put in front of his face. I have tried a multitude of pet food brands for both of my cats and dog, but it seems no matter what food I serve, the food I give to the dog is something that my cats crave, and vice versa. I have to be extremely careful in how I handle this matter and have resorted to taking up either the cats’ dishes or the dog bowl whenever meal time is called. By removing the dog bowl when the cats eat, I know that my cats are getting the proper food especially designed for felines, and removing the cats’ dishes when my dog eats ensures my dog will get the proper nutrition that a canine needs.
However, what I once thought was proper nutrition for both my cats and dog turned out not to be so. In rereading the label of ingredients on the individual bags, there doesn’t seem to be any balance whatsoever of the proper nutrients. That’s why I looked to Hill’s® Ideal BalanceTM food. The dry food, wet food and treats are the trifecta of natural nutrition for my cats and dog. I can now be assured that my pets are getting natural ingredients in perfect balance and without any corn, wheat or soy and no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
Depending on your preference, Hill’s offers a variety of both dry foods and wet foods, along with tasty treats for your cat. Despite the age of your feline, Hill’s has a dry food that I am sure your cat will love.
For the kitten in your life, there is:
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Natural Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Kitten.
For the adult feline there is:
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Grain-Free Natural Chicken & Potato Recipe Adult
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Natural Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Adult.
And for the mature adult, there is:
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Natural Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Mature Adult.
If you prefer a wet food for your feline, you can select:
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Baked Tuna Recipe
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Braised Trout Recipe
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Poached Salmon Recipe
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Roasted Turkey Recipe
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Savory Venison Recipe
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Slow-Cooked Chicken Recipe.
And just like our pet parents, our cats love getting a special treat too. Ideal Balance has natural treats for cats like:
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Crunchy Naturals with Real Tuna.
For the canine in your life, Hill’s has both a dry and wet food, as well. In the way of a dry food for your puppy, there is:
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Natural Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Puppy.
For your adult canine, why not try:
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Grain-Free Natural Chicken & Potato Recipe Adult
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Grain-Free Natural Salmon & Potato Recipe Adult
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Large Breed Natural Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Adult
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Natural Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Adult
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Natural Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Mature Adult
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Small Breed Natural Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Adult.
If you prefer to serve your canine a wet food, there is:
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Braised Lamb & Vegetables Recipe
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Poached Salmon & Vegetables Recipe
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Roasted Turkey & Vegetables Recipe
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Savory Venison & Vegetables Recipe
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Slow-cooked Beef and Vegetables Recipe
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Tender Chicken & Vegetables Recipe
Of course, our dogs need their treats, too. How about:
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Oven-Baked Naturals with Chicken & Apples
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Oven-Baked Naturals with Lamb & Apricots
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Oven-Baked Naturals with Turkey & Cranberries
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Soft-Baked Naturals with Beef & Sweet Potatoes
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Soft-Baked Naturals with Chicken & Carrots
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Soft-Baked Naturals with Duck & Pumpkin.
You can find the new Hill’s® Ideal BalanceTMpet food on the natural food aisle in your local pet food store. If your local store does not carry the Hill’s products, urge them to do so. Hill’s website also offers all sorts of information on the products, including where you can purchase them. You can even try their product for free with the rebate offer listed there.
Whether you offer an open feeding for your pet, or you have a specific feeding schedule, as you can see, Hill’s offers a very large selection of both wet and dry foods, as well as treats for your cat or dog. Have you thought about mixing the foods by alternating between the wet and dry foods? As a suggestion, if you predominately use a wet food at meal time, switch to a dry food as a snack for your furry friend for when they have those late night cravings to leave them happy and content.
Since cats need to eat a lot of meat for protein and for fat, I am confident you will find the Ideal Balance that will soon become your pet’s favorite. Don’t forget the water either as cats need plenty of fresh water to help their digestion. By offering your pet complete and nutritious meals every day, it will ease your mind and satisfy your pet. It definitely has helped my finicky eater. A point to remember though when switching foods for either your cat or dog, introduce the new food slowly into their usual meal over the course of several days to avoid any abrupt changes in their diet.
Stay tuned for the next article, which will discuss: Is Natural Enough?
*The images posted are the property of Hill’s Pet Nutrition and have been approved for use in this article.