Do you see this above pictures, yea Barney? I have been listening to this for the last freaking month, yes it makes me happy to see my 2-year-old daughter dance and smile because of this lovable purple dinosaur! However, has anyone stopped to think about what this does to an adult, I catch myself at work singing the I Love You, You Love Me We’re A Happy Family, yea if you have children you know the rest of it! Well, anyway I sing it at work, in the store, while I am cleaning the house! WTF, Barney why would you do that to me!
Seriously, COOL MOM’S DON’T SING BARNEY! We are supposed to walk around singing some Metallica, Nickleback, Ozzy ya know something kick ass like that but now I am singing the purple dinosaur song. So I have figured it out, I love Barney, but man I hate that freaking Dinorour… Now let me explain to you what I love about Barney…
- He makes my daughter smile (nothing better than that in the world).
- If it makes my child happy, it makes me happy.
- Barney makes my 2 year old make everyone join in the dancing (lol see below yea that is my 13 year old getting her scoot on to some good old Barney Jams).
- It is a good show for my 2 year old to watch much better than many of the Cartoon out there our children have available to them.
- He is kind of cute, if I could get his songs out of my head (oh wait we are not on that part yet)
- Comes to life when children use their imagination, I am always telling my children they have one NOW WE HAVE PROOF!
- NOW, tell me that costume doesn’t get hot, hummmm kids Barney doesn’t complain.
- It is a loving show, which really has made my 2 year old love hugs even more
- Barney really does give good advise, its a child friendly cartoon
Now, why do I dislike Barney?
- 6:30am, I wake up to the I LOVE YOU SONG, yea not so sweet at 6:30am blasting in the living room! Let’s just say I was not in an I Love You mood, hey who put this on for my 2 year old! OH LOOK AT THAT, it is this crazy guy that lives in my hour It Wasn’t Me, that seems to do a lot yet I have never meet him…. Well When I do we shall have some words. This I Wasn’t Me guy does all kinds of crazy stuff and eats all my food while I am not looking, hummmm anyone ever meet It Wasn’t Me?
- Get this I love you song out of my head, please singing I love you at work and while I am cleaning, dang I at least still want to be a “cool” mom!
Okay, that is all I got the only reason I do not like Barney, is his songs are stuck in my head and 6:30am is too early! Hey I just figured it out, okay so Barney only comes out when children use their imagination right? Maybe, this is where this It Wasn’t Me fellow is coming from, hummm do you think? Barney really eats food, hummm. I am going to have to check into this, I think I might be on to something, lol….. Have a great weekend everyone!